- Create A Guest List
- Determine Budget
- Create Invitations
- Gather food and décor ideas (Use Pinterest)
- Plan and book entertainment and other services (mobile bar, cocktail mixologist, magician etc.)
- Book a venue
- Choose any games/activities and decide on prizes
- Plan Party Favours
- Friends and family to assist with the venue setup and take down
- Determine Menu
- Gather recipes
- Create Food Shopping List
- Purchase necessary decorations
- Create any décor you will be using
- Inventory tableware: Serving platters, utensils, etc. Borrow or purchase what you need.
- Paper Goods : Purchase theme related items (is using).
- Food layout
- Decide on alcoholic beverages and cocktails to be served
- Send reminders to those who have not RSVP’d
- If the party is a pot luck, confirm with guests what they are bringing
- Non-perishable items
- Alcoholic beverages and soft drink
- Game prizes
- Party favours
- Buy all groceries
- Purchase any other misc. last minute items
- Prep any food that will last until the party
- Place frozen food in fridge to defrost
- Prepare final menu items
- Prepare as much decoration as you can before the party day
- Ready your helpers for the next day. Who is doing what, to help setup?
- Set out the food in a nearby kitchen with cling film on, ready to be brought out.
- Chill drinks
- Decorate the venue with plenty of time to spare (you don’t want to be blowing up balloons when guests are arriving)
- Put balloons or signs at the entrance to the party to show quests the way
Leave enough time for a change of clothes and a chill out before the madness begins!